- EI Productions worked with the DofE’s Women In Business (WIB) Committee from project inception right through to event delivery for their ‘Diamonds Are Forever’ Gala to mark 60 years of The Duke Of Edinburgh’s Award.
- Hosted in collaboration with Eon Productions’ ‘Bond’ film franchise with a target attendance of global philanthropists, captains of industry and stars of stage and screen, expectations from stakeholders were extremely high – with an absolutely flawless level of execution required.
- Securing a unique, relevant and outstanding venue appropriate for hosting such a ‘once in a lifetime’ gala event within striking distance of central London.
- Working to a restrictive budget, reflective of the charitable nature of the event whilst delivering to stakeholder expectations.
- Stoke Park in Buckinghamshire was identified as a highly suitable venue; not only due to Bond filming connections and the generosity of the owners, but also due to the ‘blank canvas’ interior space offered by the vast indoor tennis courts – to be transformed into the main Gala space. The existing Mansion House and garden areas could be utilised perfectly for reception and outdoor performance elements.
- EI Productions approached leading production designer Nicoline Refsing of RockArt Design for the look, feel and detailed design of the main interior space and projection elements. In addition to RockArt’s support leading global technical productions suppliers were secured to supply all aspects of technical design, staging, lighting, sound, projection, rigging, crew, power and HVAC– either at cost or fully pro-bono.
- A-list entertainment was procured via the commitment of Eon Productions, event musical director David Arnold and the invaluable input of Bond event liaison from Caroline Lockyer-Nibbs and stunning bespoke ‘Bond’ inspired table centres by Amanda Davis.
- EI Productions developed a close working relationship with the DofE’s in-house events team, working over a period of 18 months from event concept through to fruition.
- A vital relationship of trust and clear channels of communication was developed with Stoke Park’s management team, ensuring that any disruption to the venue’s core and wider activities during their busiest time of year was kept to a minimum.
- A spectacular, stunning and on-brief gala event was delivered on behalf of the DofE’s WIB Committee, working in partnership with the in-house events department – not only raising substantial funds for the charity but also increasing awareness for the Diamond Anniversary year.