- EI Productions were engaged by long-standing client TLA Worldwide to provide full hospitality production services for The Out-Sourcing! Inc. Royal Charity Polo Cup at Guards Polo Club’s Castle Ground at Flemish Farm in Windsor Great Park.
- Usually an annual event to raise funds for a number of charities supported by HRH The Duke of Cambridge and historically held at polo grounds within the Home Counties, with hospitality production services by EI on behalf of TLA Worldwide, the event could not go ahead during 2020 due to Covid-19 restrictions.
- Due to an reduction in charitable donations across the board caused by the Covid-19 pandemic it was deemed imperative that the event proceed in 2021, adhering to strict Covid-19 secure protocols.
- Historically the event has hosted 500+ guests within one marquee structure, however due to Covid-19 secure protocols the number of guests needed to be reduced into small capacity groups within individual enclosures, whilst ensuring that brand sponsor partners received the requisite level of hospitality for their participation.
- To produce an event with high-end production values whilst at the same time recognising budgetary restrictions due to the charitable nature of the event.
- Hospitality area space restrictions due to the narrow and raised nature of Flemish Farm’s Castle Ground spectator area landscaping.
- Brand partner sponsorship and wider guest groups were split into nine individual enclosures, spaced apart along the length of the polo pitch. The use of stretch tents allowed for Covid-19 secure outdoor classification of the event which under government regulations allowed for up to 30 guests in each enclosure, although no enclosure had more than 14 guests.
- The flexibility of stretch tent construction and anchor points was perfectly suited to long, narrow and raised nature of the spectator area landscaping.
- A Covid-19 Secure Event Management/Health & Safety Plan was created and strictly adhered to by all contractors and the wider event management team, including mandatory pre-arrival lateral flow Covid-19 testing for the production team, event staff, guests and polo teams.
- The event raised over £500,000 for eight charities supported by TRH’s The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge including Centre Point, East Anglia Children’s Hospices, The London Air Ambulance, Mountain Rescue England & Wales and TUSK.
- Individual brand partner sponsorship and wider guests groups were grateful for their individual enclosures, with many commenting that they preferred the hosting experience directly with their own guests as oppose to the historic single marquee for all guests hospitality model, which will be factored in to the planning process for future events.
- All event stakeholders were extremely positive in respect of the execution of the event by EI Productions and the TLA Worldwide client team, with all looking forward to more normal times.